[PLUG] xorg.conf does not listen to rgb.txt?

David Fleck david.fleck at mchsi.com
Tue Jan 5 17:50:48 PST 2010

On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Michael wrote:
> Why are you trying to create custom color names?

I'm not, really.  I'm trying to create custom colors.  The custom colors
need to have unique names to identify them.

I want the custom color because there is no built-in X server color that
corresponds to an RGB value of { 0, 0, 63 }, which corresponds to a very
dark blue that I liked to use for xterm backgrounds.  There isn't even
anything close, oddly enough ('blue4', at { 0, 0, 139 }, is way too
bright).

This used to work, but for reasons unknown the ability has been removed
from the xorg X server.

--
David Fleck
david.fleck at mchsi.com