[PLUG] re aracnet/spiritone down

Seth Alford setha45 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:02:56 UTC 2010

I can't get to the spiritone or aracnet pages, or their spasm page.
Pings time out and the browser says that it can't open the web page.
When I point dig at the comcast nameserver, dig says:

$ dig @68.87.69.150 www.spiritone.com

; <<>> DiG 9.6.1-P2-RedHat-9.6.1-7.P2.fc11 <<>> @68.87.69.150 www.spiritone.com
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 48558
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.spiritone.com.		IN	A

;; Query time: 7 msec
;; SERVER: 68.87.69.150#53(68.87.69.150)
;; WHEN: Thu Jan  7 12:56:33 2010
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 35

----end of output from dig----

Network Solutions lists their phone number as 503 240 8200.  See
https://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/aracnet.com

When I call that number, I get a fast busy signal.  Their fax number
answers, however.

Sorry for not replying to Joe Pruett's email.  That's difficult since
I was subscribed to the plug group through my aracnet.com email
address, and as Joe wrote, that's not working.

--Seth Alford
setha45 at gmail.com (for now)
setha at aracnet.com (later, if it gets fixed)