[PLUG] re aracnet/spiritone down

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:46:35 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Mike Connors <mconnors1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> drew wymore wrote:
> > I am seeing some stuff related to a Qwest outage on the NANOG (North
> > American Network Operators Group) mailing list, I don't know if it's
> related
> > or not.
> >

> Twitter post from 6am this morn from 'spiritonepdx':
>
> The SpiritOne network is currently down. Admins are en route to the NOC
> to investigate.
> We apologize fr any inconvenience.
>
> So it's at least a 7hr outage at this point...

When I go to www.spiritone.com via ISP hevanet.com using Safari (OS X
10.6.2) I get a page that says:
Emergency Notification regarding SpiritOne Services

As of 6am this morning, a fire at a power substation has left our Network
Operation Center without power. This affects internet access, hosted sites,
email, as well as our office phones. Callers to our office will hear a fast
busy signal.

At the moment, we are aware of the problem and are anxiously awaiting power
to be restored to our Network Center.

Regards,
The SpiritOne Staff