[PLUG] Network failure(s)

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:30:10 UTC 2010

More network problems.  Running a new Qwest Adapttec pk5000 modem,
with dlsnorthwest.net as the ISP.  Everything was fine for a couple of
weeks.

To summarize the problem, it seems that after boot, the network would
not work sometimes.  On testing, I found that the modem was not
accessible--ping 192.168.0.1 returned nothing.  I replaced the modem
to test it, and the replacement did not respond either.  Thus, I
assumed the problem was my network "card" (on the MB).  Shut down.
Wait for lunch.  Restart.  Now it is up.

My plan at this point is to leave the computer up to see if it fails
while running. Also, I am borowing a card to enable more
troubleshooting, when the trouble occurs.

Any other ideas?

-Denis