[PLUG] Network failure(s)

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 22:40:22 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 14:34, drew wymore <drew.wymore at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ethernet cable between the Actiontec and onboard NIC?

yeah, if you're not already using that, it's a good thing to try.

another is of course to check the logs.  my wifi card likes to give
out occasionally and when it does as a user i most easily notice
because connectivity is gone, but the kernel is also very informative
as to what has happened.  it tells me that:

Feb 11 08:33:50 home irq 20: nobody cared (try booting with the
"irqpoll" option)
Feb 11 08:33:50 home [<dcfa2f84>] (ndis_isr+0x0/0x6e [ndiswrapper])
Feb 11 08:33:50 home Disabling IRQ #20

which means a reboot because even unloading and reloading ndiswrapper
doesn't fix things.

or occasionally it just says that it became disassociated with the
access point and i just need to ifup it again.

so, perhaps your kernel or system is telling you something?  all of
the logs that have been relevant to me have been in the kernel log
(available via the 'dmesg' command) but they all end up in syslog with
output from the daemons and other log if you want the bigger picture.