[PLUG] I bought an iBook

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 19:32:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:10:03 -0500
Robert Citek <robert.citek at gmail.com> dijo:

>You may want to give VirtualBox a spin:
>
>http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
>
>Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, and Solaris.  And the virtual disks are
>portable between them.  So, the .vdi file you create on your Mac will
>also run on any of the other OSes, too.

I had two virtual machines set up under Ubuntu. When I migrated to
Fedora I installed Virtualbox from the repos, then just dragged
the .Vitualbox folder from the Ubuntu ~/ folder to my new Fedora ~/
folder. (The .vdi files are in the .Virtualbox folder.) When I launched
Virtualbox there were my virtual machines exactly as before. I was
thrilled that it was so easy.

I didn't know you could copy the .vdi files to other OSes, though.
That's really good to know. If other virtualization tools can't do the
same thing, it's a major plus for Virtualbox.