[PLUG] MFC Printer

Joe Shisei Niski joeniski at easystreet.net
Thu Jan 14 22:30:25 UTC 2010

On 01/11/2010 09:29 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Joe Shisei Niski wrote:
>

>> i researched the paper-handling problem on line a bit, saw similar
>> comlaints but no solutions. Can anyone recommend a local repair shop?
>>
> Joe,
>
>     I used the Printer Place (1340 SE Powell) a couple of times and was
> totally satisfied with their service and pricing. This work was on my
> LaserJet 5 with duplexer. One time it jammed with a tiny piece of paper
> stuck well inside. They cleaned everything and removed the paper.
>
> Rich

Well, i guess should have expected this: The nice folk at Printer Place
tell me that they consider the OfficeJet (my 6120 cost under $150 new)
"not repairable" 'cuz HP doesn't sell replacement parts, and because
they can't provide assurance they'll be able to fix the problem
(especially paper-handling) before their (reasonable for spendy
printers) $88 hourly rate costs me more than the printer did new.

At least the scanning and fax features work (the latter only if you
don't need to print a report/confirmation page).

Sigh,
Joe