[PLUG] MFC Printer

Joe Pruett joey at q7.com
Fri Jan 15 00:28:32 UTC 2010

> Well, i guess should have expected this: The nice folk at Printer Place
> tell me that they consider the OfficeJet (my 6120 cost under $150 new)
> "not repairable" 'cuz HP doesn't sell replacement parts, and because
> they can't provide assurance they'll be able to fix the problem
> (especially paper-handling) before their (reasonable for spendy
> printers) $88 hourly rate costs me more than the printer did new.
>
> At least the scanning and fax features work (the latter only if you
> don't need to print a report/confirmation page).

since you can't make it (much) worse, you could always take it apart and
see if you can find anything.  usually those kinds of issues are caused by
the rubber and cork bits getting too dusty from use and there are some
cleaners that will make them tacky again so they correctly pick up and
hold paper the way that is needed to function.  think of it as an
adventure.  :-)