[PLUG] Linux Scanner Recommendations?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jan 15 05:52:26 PST 2010

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010, Aaron Ten Clay wrote:

> Old issue, but hopefully there are new answers. I need a flatbed scanner
> that works with Linux. (Windows/OSX support also would be nice but
> optional). I'd like to spend $50 or less. It will be used mostly to
> capture documents at around 150-300 DPI.

Aaron,

   http://www.sane-project.org lists most scanners and the degree of support
for each. More specificially, I can recommend the HP scanners; like their
printers they are well supported by linux.

   I have an HP 5200C that works perfectly for all my needs (documents, the
occasional photographic print). It's an older model with a USB connection
and should be available used for a low price. Check craigslist and eBay.