[PLUG] Linux Scanner Recommendations?

Galen Seitz galens at seitzassoc.com
Fri Jan 15 05:54:53 PST 2010

Aaron Ten Clay wrote:
> Old issue, but hopefully there are new answers. I need a flatbed scanner
> that works with Linux. (Windows/OSX support also would be nice but
> optional). I'd like to spend $50 or less. It will be used mostly to
> capture documents at around 150-300 DPI.

A Canon LiDE 20 or LiDE 30 will probably meet your needs.  I have a
LiDE 20 that I got off of ebay.  It's not particularly fast, but it's
fine for basic scanning.  It's powered by USB, so no extra adapter
required.  Note that I have never tried to make the buttons work.  I
suspect that might be a challenge.

Here's the sane device list:
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-mfgs.html

--