[PLUG] Wiki - was: Re: a place to hang your shingle

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Mon Jan 18 19:22:29 UTC 2010

> # from Mike Connors
> >Here's what I'm suggesting, a page on the PLUG site for PLUG members
> > who are interested in picking up gigs/projs with people who are
> > somehow affiliated w. PLUG.

If somebody with spare time wants to help PLUG, help fix the wiki.
That would be a great place for resumes and vanity pages.

Unfortunately, the wiki needs some security plugins and some TLC.
When it is properly configured, we can move the front page
pdxlinux.org content to an immutable wiki page, and re-organize
the content around that (some might disagree - debate that on
the list).  Temporary root access would be needed to make changes
to httpd.conf and the moinmoin config files.

If you've got the skills and the time, please contact Wil Cooley.
And if you've got less skill, but want to do something to help
out, please add useful content to the wiki after it is repaired,
watch for vandalism, etc.

PLUG runs on volunteer help.  The wiki is a very public way to
help.  The next time you are looking for a job, stand out from
the crowd by showing off your skills where hiring managers can
see the results.  Resumes are marginally helpful, but demonstrated
skills, writing ability, and cheerful helpfulness are what
enlightened managers are looking for.

Keith