[PLUG] Recommended wifi router for OpenWRT?

Larry Brigman larry.brigman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 04:03:34 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 3:25 PM, Scott Garman <sgarman at zenlinux.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to pick up a wifi router that I can run the latest release of
> OpenWRT on, which has plenty of flash space for experimentation. Can
> someone suggest a specific model and hardware version for me to look at?
> If it's currently available on NewEgg for under $125, I would find that
> to be ideal.

I've been looking for the same thing.
Here is what I have found.

Linksys WRT54G version 3 or 3.1 via craig's list or e-bay
Linksys WRT54GL from any source
Linksys WRT54G-TM This is the T-Mobile Hotspot that you can find on
E-bay.  These have double the memory
    and heat sinked processor.

I would also recommend the ASUS line of wireless routers WL500g2
Premium is nice plus it can also attach a USB hard drive for
addition storage.

My recommendation.  Linksys WRT54G-TM or Asus WL500G2 Premium.