[PLUG] Network issues

Denis Heidtmann denis.heidtmann at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:20:29 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Larry Williams
<larryw at holbrookmasons.org> wrote:
> Denis Heidtmann wrote:
>> The only observation I can report is
>> that when the network is up ethtool eth0 has an entry "1000baseT/Full"
>> under "Advertised link modes" that is absent when the network is down.
>>
> Have you tried a different computer, or at least a different NIC?

No.  But I have a borrowed NIC, still sealed  in the box. The present
network is on the MB.  Putting the new card in is on my list.  Getting
the new card functional is something I have no experience with, so I
have hesitated for fear of messing something up or obscuring the
current problem.

-Denis