[PLUG] Podcast of Advanced topics Meeting 2009-1-20

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:08:03 UTC 2010

Dwight Hubbard wrote:
>> I thought hardbeat was superseded by pacemaker.
>>
>> The other thing I find interesting is that all of these sites seem to
>> have stopped being updated
>> and/or still using things like RHEL3.
My understanding is that with Heartbeat, OpenAIS, DRBD, etc you need a
Cluster Resource Manager for the complete solution.

Heartbeat originally came w. a primitive resource manager but it could
only manage 2 nodes.

Pacemaker works by utilizing the messaging and membership capabilities
provided by your preferred cluster infrastructure (currently either
OpenAIS or Heartbeat),