[PLUG] LInux Clinic and you avg P-town computer user?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 22:36:45 UTC 2010

Dwight Hubbard wrote:
> Ultimately most places tend to care less about what OS they run than about getting their task done with the least hassle.

I have to disagree with this. For one, if this was true I think we'd see a greater
mix of M$ and non-M$ prods at companies. Instead there's the company standard
and big $ IT contracts.

Also, many IT people are heavily invested in terms of time and money in learning
the MS way, getting certs, jobs, promotions. If you rose to Manager, Director, or
VP of IT on the back of the M$ horse are you really going to have any interest
in Linux / FOSS?