[PLUG] Can't see second hard drive for Linux Mint install

David Kaplan davek52 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 10:37:00 PST 2010

I've been trying to install Linux Mint 8 on a friends Dell Dimension 8400
desktop. It has a 250gb hdd. as sata 0 and the new 320gb hdd is set at sata
1. The BIOS sees both hdds but the Mint installer only sees the first 250gb
hdd. Someone told me to turn off the raid setting but there is not way to
turn it off in the BIOS. The Mint Forum told me to run on the live CD:

$ sudo apt-get remove dmraid

sounded like a good idea, but after running it and logging back in to the
live CD nothing happened. The installer will only see the first 250gb hdd.

Any other ideas?