[PLUG] 1st Open PC avail end of Feb!

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 12:39:31 PST 2010

Steve D... wrote:
>   The loose motherboards aren't Open Hardware either.  Those designs
> are as encumbered with copyright and licensing as the box PC vendors.
> Open Hardware means *open*.  The designs are suppose to be GPL'ed or
> some other open license
Does such a mainboard exist? I can't even find anything that says the
ASRock mobos are open according your definition.

I did come across this article from '07 where AMD released the source-code
for the Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 mobo. It also talkes about the FSF and their
campaign
for a a Free BIOS and the LinuxBIOS proj.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mainboards/display/20070223145912.html

But it's still not the same as GPL'ed or open licensed mobo ...