[PLUG] 1st Open PC avail end of Feb!

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 21:44:41 UTC 2010

Steve D... wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:52 AM, m0gely<m0gely at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Steve D... wrote:
>>>     Intel creates Customer Reference Boards (CRB) that they license to
>>> their customers, Dell, HP, ASUS, whatever.  The CRB includes chip
>>> information, CAD board design, BIOS, and other software needed to be
>>> "Designed for Windows".
>>
>> from the Intel site:
>>
>> "When you see the "Designed for Windows" logo, it signifies that the
>> system or device meets Microsoft's standard for hardware compatibility
>> with the specified Microsoft Windows operating system."
>>
>> It seems like you might, but I don't interpret that to mean exclusivity
>> to Windows.
>
>    I didn't say it did.  "Designed for Windows" is just a feature set.
> Linux, BSD, MacOS, Solaris x86, Plan 9, and others, also uses most, if
> not all, of the features.

Ok, then I don't understand. I'm back to:

"Do you want to buy from Dell, HP, Apple, ect. and get 0% Open Source
and no chance of Open Source in the future"

What's your point? What do you mean by "get 0% open source"? What
problem are you addressing with this. You last response was because
intel builds stuff for people and doesn't share their customers plans
with other customers. All those companies contribute to OSS though. So
where is this 0% coming from?

--
m0gely