[PLUG] Pine

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Jan 27 01:51:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> Also -- are you still running Pine or have you switched to Alpine? The
> latter is the currently supported version -- and it has UTF-8 support
> so you can read your spam in the original Russian! :-)

I just installed Alpine and it seems quite slow.  That is, it sometimes
decides it's just going to sit and wait while I press commands.  Also, it
takes about ten times longer to run my initial keystroke list.

Oh well, at least now I won't get all those stupid characters in messages
folks insist on composing in Word.

J.