[PLUG] Step away from the PHP

Ronald Chmara ronabop at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 18:02:11 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Ronald Chmara wrote:
>> Any sufficiently dumbed down, easy to implement, solution creates an
>> inversely equal level of problems in actual use.
>   Oh. Like all the "visual" languages such as Visual Basic?

I'd say it potentially applies across the board, from the most
venerable C libraries where faults are still being found *many* years
later, to the very latest ruby gems (CPAN modules, PEAR modules, etc.
etc.) written or updated in the last 24 hours. Dijkstra had a really
great essay/rant/philosophy about it, the underlying problem being
that issues are created (or magnified) when people don't know what
they're actually doing, because they're blindly running code they
don't understand.

>> Unfortunately, the way PHP matured (if that's the right word to use)
>   Aged? ?

Aged. I like that. :)

-Ronabop