[PLUG] Linux and Active Directory?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 19:26:20 UTC 2010

Ronald Chmara wrote:
> So, perhaps the assumption that "AD has pretty much taken over Dir
> Services" might be better phrased as "environments that use/require
> Dir Services will likely require some AD experience".
Well said. It's just odd to me that the job titles is "Linux Sys Admin"
and most of the required skills/experience are Linux centric except AD.

I've been Linux Sys Admin in 2 smaller shops that ran a mix of MS, Linux, Unix
and neither used AD or any DS for that matter. It just seems to be a bit more prolific
than a few yrs ago and I only have a basic understanding of and a small amount
of experience with. So I guess what I'm really saying, is that it in today's tech job market
knowing and having work experience w. AD is a common requirement.