[PLUG] mythbuntu diskless front end configuration

Jim Beckett beckett.jim at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 01:44:23 UTC 2010

Galen Seitz wrote:
> No luck so far on the mythbuntu IRC, so I'll try locally.
>
> When using the ltsp-build-client command to set up a diskless front
> end, what username and password does the --mythbuntu-user-credentials
> option refer to?  Is this supposed to be a user account, the mysql
> database account, or something else?
>
> FWIW, these are the basic instructions I'm following:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV/Install/Karmic/Diskless
>
> thanks,
> galen

I haven't done this before, but, I think that it is talking about the
mythtv user account. I'm guessing that it will mirror the existing user
account (w/proper permissions) inside the bootable image.

I don't think it is the mysql user account information, as that is
specified in mythfrontend.

Good luck!