[PLUG] PLUG Digest, Vol 64, Issue 77

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 19:59:10 PST 2010

Dale Snell wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 14:24:11 -0800
> Mike Connors <mconnors1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I've done quite a bit of research on this but I just can't seem to
>> get Bluetooth to work. I read some posts that say you have to compile
>> bluetooth kernel support and others that say it just works out of the
>> box. I have looked at all the output from dmesg, lsmod, and syslog
>> regarding Bluetooth and I don't see any indication
>> of any problems. I have the Bluez stack installed as well as other
>> Bluetooth pkgs/libraries.
>>
>> I've gathered all the info I could think of regarding Bluetooth. Any
>> advice on what to try next is greatly appreciated!

> Do you have Bluetooth enabled in the BIOS?  If it is, do you know that
> the hardware works at all?
>
> --Dale
Yes, Infrafred is enabled in the BIOS. I'm not sure if the hw works
or not as this is the 1st time I've actually tried to use it. I presume
since the hw is being seen and there's no errors, that it should work. But I
don't know of any other ways to test it than running the commands / apps. If the
hw wasn't functional I would think I would get some very obvious errors or the OS/Kernel
would see it...?