[PLUG] Search engine dependency and Linux...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jul 1 20:22:27 UTC 2010

I don't know how to Google the particular problem of, is this particular
eSATA enclosure truly limited to supporting 500GB drives?  The name of
the product on the box is not identifying.  I am looking for a needle in
a haystack here.

My point here is NOT to start a flame war.  I think Google dependency
should be discussed BEFORE it becomes a problem.  I want to see static
Linux documentation improve.  Wiki's are fine as long as you can check
out a non compromised version of what's on the Wiki.  The attitude it is
on Google needs to be put aside when people want local documentation in
electronic form of high quality.  People can run their own servers where
they can serve the documentation locally.  The documentation, the fine
manuals, should be locally accessible even if they are in electronic
form.

I guess I'm going to have to figure out how to ask this TigerDirect
outfit my question.