[PLUG] Linux friendly 802.11n Wireless Access Point

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Tue Jul 6 20:56:39 UTC 2010

>>>>> "Alex" == Alex  <plug at mailswamp.com> writes:

Alex> The problem with lagging and crawling did not disappear with
Alex> setting DNS to: 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.3 did

Alex> However, I find it quite amusing that when I'm browsing in text
Alex> mode in Links, all sites are opening momentarily without any
Alex> delays.

Try:

  ping -c 100 -n 4.2.2.2

(see if you see any packet loss), and:

  wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.34.tar.bz2

(to test throughput)

One anecdote.  I've encountered 802.11n only once, about a year ago
two Cisco/Linksys N routers plugged in to each other by the GeekSquad
(wrongly, i'll add), somehow seemed to nuke the RF environment.
Unplugging them, and plugging in my 11g device, the RF environment
becomes functional again.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net