[PLUG] Need help finding a replacement laptop CPU fan

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Fri Jul 9 00:47:47 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 08, 2010 at 03:48:41PM -0700, Robert Miesen wrote:
>  Hi everyone.
>
> The cpu fan for my Toshiba A105-S4774 is starting to make sounds that
> tell me it needs to be replaced. I can take care of cracking the case
> and replacing the cpu fan myself. The problem is that I don't know where
> to look to find a replacement fan for a laptop.

Yes, FreeGeek would be a great place to look.  They have loose parts as
well as gutted laptops you can buy and take parts out of.

Failing that, you could check SurplusGizmos in Hillsboro or Norvac in
Beaverton.  Though at that point, I'd recommend looking online.  There are
companies that sell discount laptop parts; you can find the part number and
then search for it to find 'em cheap.