[PLUG] NUT client for Windows...

wes plug at the-wes.com
Mon Jul 12 14:51:50 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Michael C. Robinson <
plug_1 at robinson-west.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 06:35 -0700, wes wrote:
> > I am not aware of such a tool. One alternative could be to use Microsoft
> RPC
> > via Samba tools to instruct the 98 machine to shut down from your Linux
> box
> > when the UPS detects power loss.
> >
> > -wes
>
> I'm having trouble figuring out the correct invocation of samba's net
> command to get the 98SE box to shutdown.  I'm wondering if something is
> turned off on the 98SE box that shouldn't be for this to work.

I don't know the correct params either. I did some searching and found
mention of a tool named PowerOff, which can be installed as a service and
allows remote access via network connections (such as telnet). Telnet itself
isn't exactly scriptable, but netcat is, so there may be something workable
that way.

Best of luck.

-wes