[PLUG] Roots closes - need new venue for AT

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Wed Jul 14 16:17:13 UTC 2010

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:34:35 -0700
Pete Lancashire <pete at petelancashire.com> dijo:

>They may have changed it since you last been there.
>
>What use to be Rue's deli on the East end Lucky has put a door, or put
>the door back.
>There's a sign over the door saying the room can be reserved, can't
>remember the details.

It was the Roux restaurant. The building stood vacant for years until
the Roux turned it into a fancy restaurant. Perhaps too fancy, as the
Roux failed only a year or two after opening.

As for the room on the east end, it is an appropriate size for us, but
I don't recall seeing doors to close it off from the rest of the place.
(Someone correct me if my recollection is wrong.) If it can't be closed
off it would be very noisy. Also, I don't recall seeing any walls that
were white, so we'd have to bring a screen.

But on the plus side, LL/Killingsworth is not doing a huge business.
Any day during the middle of the week that east space is surplus area.
I'm sure they'd love to have our business. And, even though it is not
as busy as their other locations, LL seems overall profitable, so it's
not so likely to close down.