[PLUG] Really bad DELL experience...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Fri Jul 16 03:38:03 UTC 2010

Thank you Drew.

I guess I'm still going to return the OS'less laptop.  Denying DELL
business after what my mother was put through is the least I can
do.  The thing that bugs me the most is when she was told that DELL was
making a special exception by offering to refund her.  Something is
really wrong when the company that is legally hanging out insists that
the person with the problem is you.

Nothing against Indians in general, but everyone I talked to was
probably from there.  If there is prejudice because I can get paid
more to do the same thing here in the states that they are doing in
India, I am capable of appreciating that.  If DELL's Indian workers
ruin the company's reputation, the Indians responsible are not
helping to solve the wage issue.  The work will simply come back to
the states if Indian workers demonstrate an inability to respect
American customers.  Americans aren't going to stop using computers
because of prejudiced tech support workers over seas.  If there truly
is a culture of prejudice, I hope it clears up over time.  I really am
not interested in being the enemy of a nuclear power like India.

I really wonder if some of these tech support jobs should come back to
the states anyways with the way the economy is lately.  People need
jobs so bad that supposedly 90%+ of Americans say that the economy
is in poor shape.

Maybe in time and in better economic times prejudices will fade.
Someday hopefully, we will all realize that there is only one
human race and that everyone is part of that one human race.