[PLUG] Really bad DELL experience...

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:40:01 UTC 2010

Michael C. Robinson wrote:
>> ?! What the #$%^? You're OK with installing on an ASUS which doesn't
>> provide the Linux ISO you want any more than Dell does? You make the
>> biggest issues from the smallest problems.

> DELL alienated a long time customer and lost
> money to boot via 5 hours of telephone run around.  DELL may need to
> reconsider who it hires for tech support and customer care.

Your 5 hours with no solution vs my 3 minutes with the solution was my
point. Also, it's not a big deal, because instead of the OS'less laptop
going someone who was incapable of rectifying this himself, it went to
someone who could. I know someone who ordered a Dell last year and got
it OS'less like you. Hard to believe there is any QA going on there when
you see stuff like this. So my friend calls me up and I say bring it
over. I had his laptop running and fully up to date in two hours, while
we visited.

You have the ability to solve this, but you chose the "principle" route.
You could have Linux up and running on this laptop in a couple hours my
guess is, but your attitude is: Dell's not going to get away with this
nosiree! You let your mom sit on the phone with Dell for hours when you
could have made this a better situation for her by saying Mom, let me
handle this, don't worry about it.

You're in a situation that stinks. Your options were get Dell to handle
it, or handle it yourself. Either one is an inconvenience, but one was a
better option than the other. You didn't choose that one.

--
m0gely