[PLUG] Calling all editors; final site draft

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Mon Jul 19 02:52:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 18:07:12 -0600
<nathan at nathanewilliams.com> dijo:

>At this point, a semi-final review is requested for the proposed new
>PLUG website; i'm taking all critiques, be it spelling, technique,
>aesthetics, broken links, etc.
>
>Proposed site viewable at:
>http://nathanewilliams.com/projects/pdxlinux/

One the Clinic page, the first paragraph is sort of wrong or out of
date. There was a brief hiatus for a few months several years ago, but
the Clinics are not "back by popular demand."

I suggest replacing the first paragraph with the following:

From 1 to 5 pm on the third Sunday of each month PLUG holds our popular
Linux Clinics. People bring their computers and experienced users help
them do everything from fix minor problems to a complete installation.
Some also come just to look over shoulders to see what Linux is all
about. For those bringing their computers we have mice, keyboards and
monitors, so generally all you need to bring is the box. We also have
the latest versions of major distros and will be happy to burn you a
CD. We even have coffee, and usually several people bring calories in
various formats. In the spirit of open source there is no charge for
the Clinic.

The Clinic is not just for the benefit of newcomers to Linux. It is
also a great place for experienced users to learn how to help people
new to Linux. It is also a way for people in the open source world to
give back to the community.