[PLUG] Surprise: PLUG will have a booth at OSCON on Wednesday and Thursday - Volunteers Needed

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Jul 20 09:03:53 UTC 2010

Contrary to what I said at the last PLUG meeting; PLUG will have a
booth at OSCON.  This is a very last minute thing.  We were not
scheduled to have a booth due to lack of space, but at the last minute
space opened up.  So we have a booth, but are totally unprepared.  I
left our booth banner in Corvallis and we did not plan to man a booth.

So, Alan Olson will be helping out.
We could use a few other volunteers.
If anyone has any fliers for PLUG (or Open Source in Oregon or
whatever) that would be wonderful.
And I think Linux Fund would be willing to spend a few dollars for
printing costs; but check with me before getting anything printed if
you want reimbursed.
If anyone has anything to enhance the booth that would be cool as well.
(Maybe the PSU Rocket people could bring an Open Source Rocket!)

As in previous years, we want to advertise PLUG but we are also want
to advertise Open Source in Oregon and we are happy to use our booth
to advertise other Open Source groups in Oregon so long as PLUG's
message doesn't get entirely drown out - which is unlikely.

  Sincerely,
  David Mandel
  Chief Activist
  Portland Linux/Unix Group