[PLUG] Calling all editors; final site draft

Nathan W nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Thu Jul 22 02:13:35 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of your constructive feedback! I've fixed all the
detected errors, added the requested features, for now I'm sticking w/
links opening in the same window... if further discussion concludes that
people disagree, i'd be willing to change it, but my feeling is that the
website controls the layout, the user controls the behavior.

with regards to the history page, i agree it would be great if someone
could volunteer additional information about landmark PLUG events and
activities since 2002, but I'm not comfortable changing the wording in
an article that bears anothers name.

note that while i feel this site is ready to launch, i do have some
long-term, lower priority improvements in mind; one being cleaning up
print-view, which i'm not perfectly satisfied with, by implementing an
alternate stylesheet for printing.

i'll be heading down to OSCON tomorrow night for a meet and greet with
whatever PLUG members are on hand and some folks from identi.ca, maybe
whoever's there w/ some form of authority in the control of the domain
can discuss our options for pushing this live, as well as the details of
the previously mentioned move to OSU-OSL?

again, thanks for all your constructive feedback, the site looks great,
you all had insightful comments and ideas for making it way better than
before. :)

cheers,

nathan
non serviam