[PLUG] Linksys PS2KVM4 problems...

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Jul 24 02:18:33 UTC 2010

This is a 4 computer KVM device made by Linksys.

The first problem I ran into is that my manual switch used male to male
vga cables where this smart switch uses male to female.  Another problem
is that the extender cable I bought had standoffs that got in the way
and I had to literally rip them off with pliers, but as far as I can
tell the cable still works...

What I'm finding is that my Alpha running CentOS 4.3 can't detect the
monitor when it is going through this KVM switch.  The monitor is a
Mitsubishi M55 LCD that can do 1024x768 max, but I've never been able
to get to that resolution on my Alpha.  My video card in the Alpha is
a Matrox Millenium II.

Anyone else run into trouble with X when using this switch?