[PLUG] Xsane help, desperate

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 03:39:40 UTC 2010

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 09:32:28 -0700
Mike Connors <mconnors1 at gmail.com> dijo:

>> > I have a Canoscan LiDE 30 scanner which works fine in Linux. I
>> > haven't used it in months. This evening I suddenly need to scan
>> > two pages to send to someone via e-mail, and the recipient is
>> > desperate to receive them. Naturally, Xsane has decided this is
>> > the moment to screw me.
>>

>On the man page for the driver for your Scanner, it mentions
>calibration and then adjusting the image position via the command line.
>
>http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-plustek.5.html

Thanks for the link. However, the config file already had the x-y
positions at 0. And that is all you can set. That is, you can set the
starting position of the x and y coordinates, but there is no setting
for image area.

The fact that it is scanning the left 3.99 inches just fine leads me to
wonder if it has two eyes and one of them has gone blind.