[PLUG] Xsane help, desperate

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 07:10:24 UTC 2010

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 21:48:30 -0700
wes <plug at the-wes.com> dijo:

>> > Thanks for the link. However, the config file already had the x-y
>> > positions at 0. And that is all you can set. That is, you can set
>> > the starting position of the x and y coordinates, but there is no
>> > setting for image area.
>> >
>> > The fact that it is scanning the left 3.99 inches just fine leads
>> > me to wonder if it has two eyes and one of them has gone blind.

>> > Did you try using another scanning app, like say Kooka? I believe
>> > it uses the same XSANE library. It would be a good control for
>> > testing to determine if it really is a hw prob.

>he mentioned in other posts that he not only tried other apps, but the
>same apps on other OSes as well. it can pretty much only be a hardware
>problem at this point.

I only tried Jaunty and Hardy x86_64, live CDs. I wanted to try
Windows, but I have it installed only in VirtualBox OSE. The OSE
version doesn't do USB devices. And all the software I tried are
just different front ends for the same sane scanning program.

It does appear to be a hardware problem, but I haven't given up 100%
yet.