[PLUG] Lenovo T410?

Larry Williams larryw at holbrookmasons.org
Thu Jun 10 19:10:58 UTC 2010

I have Ubuntu Lucid (10.04) running without issue on a Dell D610 and a
Gateway NX570X.

The Dell isn't widescreen, but the resolution is classified HD in some
circles (1400x1050). It also has a 1.86GHz CPU and up to 2GB RAM.
Wireless and IR are supported out-of-the-box, as is bluetooth and every
USB stick I connected. It also has a smart card reader, but I haven't
played with that yet. I got this from Goodwill of all places, but it's
also at Budget for $299 (or was last I checked).

The Gateway is widescreen but with lower resolution per inch (1280x800,
I think), which I don't prefer (I find that most of the widescreen
displays are either 600 or 800 pixels tall, at least on the
reasonably-priced models last I checked, which really doesn't leave much
space after subtracting panel heights. But they sell, so I guess they
will continue to be manufactured). It has a dual-core 32-bit Intel CPU
at 1.6GHz. WiFi and bluetooth also supported. This was donated to me
with a hinge problem.