[PLUG] Lenovo T410?

Mike Connors mconnors1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 21:32:12 UTC 2010

> Another one in the market. After 4 years, this Dell e1405 is getting
> creaky. I gather the T41s and T60s/T61s are no longer sold by Lenovo (or
> I can't find them), and the X200s seem a bit small.
>
> I'm pretty sure they're EOLd now. I bought a refurbished T40 from
Tigerdirect in Summer '07 and it's still going strong. The fan developed
some noise about 9 mths ago due to Lenovo using cheap bearings from what I
heard.

Seems to work well w. most Debian. Although the Radeon video drivers w. the
'Buntus exhibited some weird display behavior where if I moved the lid too
much the screen was just a bunch of colored unorganized pixels and I had to
reboot.

This has never occurred w. any Debian distro. I tried Arch a few times, but
always had probs w. install and/or running. Opensuse ran well on it too, but
I ddn't care for it. Never tried Slack or Gentoo, but as I mentioned in an
earlier post, there's plenty of sites where people document their experience
w. Thinkpads and Linux distros.