[PLUG] Lenovo T410?

m0gely m0gely at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:01:58 UTC 2010

Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Some are tired of hearing me say this, but they are no longer
> making business oriented laptops - that is, somewhat more
> suitable for editing 8.5x11 pages and vertically oriented content.

I just don't get reasoning. I have a hi-res display as well, like you,
but widescreen at 1920x1200. I can easily read two 8.5x11 documents on
my screen, side by side, with the menu at the top. It's all very legible
to someone like you and me who appreciate the pixels.

> I am mystified that these wider, shorter screens are accepted in
> east Asian countries with vertical writing systems.  Although
> the ideograms can also be displayed horizontally, proofing an
> output page must be a pain in the butt.

Actually, people have been doing this for years now:

http://z.about.com/d/compreviews/1/5/3/6/Dell2005FPW-Rotate.jpg

--
m0gely