[PLUG] Lenovo T410?

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 01:19:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM, m0gely <m0gely at gmail.com> wrote:
> Keith Lofstrom wrote:
> Actually, people have been doing this for years now:
>
> http://z.about.com/d/compreviews/1/5/3/6/Dell2005FPW-Rotate.jpg

A word of caution -- don't go buying a bunch of monitors assuming this
will work for you.  It might, but try it in person first :)

I do use a rotate screen, but it's proven to only be useful in very
specific scenarios.  In my experience, the effective horizontal
viewing angle is much, much more restricted when the screen is rotated
that way.  It's bad enough that I can't really do graphics work on a
rotated display since the same color on one side of the screen will
appear to be at least a few shades off from the same color on the
other side.

It works great for text if you're looking straight at it though :)
(And tablet screens seem much, much better at handling rotations than
the desk-mount LCDs I've used.)

--Rogan