[PLUG] two column xterm?

chris (fool) mccraw gently at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 03:50:57 UTC 2010

not to be totally pedantic, but rotating your monitor is pretty easy
these days (from a software POV).  see xrandr(1).  i had a 24" LCD
rotated at my last work-desk and i could hold a ridiculously long
terminal window in it.  and i did.  even though i use a huge font, it
was still >100 lines long and i had room for another normal 25-liner
underneath it (and some applets next to both of them, since i like my
terminals in 80-char widths regardless of length).

i think the hacks based on screen(1) are likely to be nifty but not
functional in some way or another for the proposed workload.  or
really anything that TERM=dumb couldn't handle.