[PLUG] ReactOS site down again...

Someone plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Jun 16 06:06:48 UTC 2010

> Shouldn't this be on PLUG-TALK?

Perhaps.  I thought it was relevant to PLUG because I brought up Linux
in my post with the question, "Does it make more sense to fix the
remaining problems in Linux than it will to create an OSS clone of
Windows NT?"  Sure, this can be continued on PLUG-TALK.

I guess what amazes me is that the ReactOS people are not purists.
They want to use Microsoft's potentially broken SDK including Microsoft
Visual C because, "the gcc maintainers won't make important changes."
Considering that GCC is under the GPL, the ReactOS people should be
able to make the, "needed changes," themselves.

I think something lighter than X-Windows running on top of Linux
customized for WINE makes far more sense than ReactOS does, at
least in the short run.  I'm a big fan of native Linux software.
Hopefully, Dirk Dashing 2 will come out by years end and be a
major success.  Mygamecompany is effectively proving that Linux
is a good platform for gaming with every game they write for
Linux that becomes popular.  The last newsletter suggests that
they need new customers right now.  If you can afford to, consider
buying one of their Linux titles.