[PLUG] Linux Clinic this Sunday

nathan at nathanewilliams.com nathan at nathanewilliams.com
Thu Jun 17 20:35:20 UTC 2010

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:18:08 -0700 (PDT), dfhubbard at freegeek.org wrote:
> Hi
>
> I looking forward to seeing you Sunday.
>
> I'm wanting to back up the stuff on my computer, install 10.4 and do
> whatever is needed to be able to watch TV programs on my computer (with
> Hulu?).
>
> Peace
> Debra
>

>> Message: 2
>> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:14:31 -0700
>> From: John Jason Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net>
>> Subject: [PLUG] Clinic Sunday!
>> To: PLUG <plug at lists.pdxlinux.org>
>>
>> Yes! The famous PLUG Linux Clinic is this Sunday, June 20, 2010!
>>
>> Where?	Free Geek, 1741 SE 10th Avenue in Portland 97214
>> When?	1 - 5 pm
>>
>> Bring your ailing Linux computers and our experts will help you figure
>> out what is wrong. Or bring a computer that you want to install Linux
>> on and we'll help you set it up. We have all flavors of all major
>> distros available. Or just come and look over people's shoulders to see
>> what Linux is all about. And if you are a Linux expert come on down
>> too; the Clinic is a great way to get experience supporting Linux.

Hi Debra,

Not sure if you want to wait for the upgrade to 10.4 before installing
this, but Hulu has provided a linux desktop client which works quite well.
it's available at http://www.hulu.com/labs/hulu-desktop-linux

If you like internet television, Boxee is also an app worth looking into,
I use it all the time, and there's even a remote you can install on
smartphones!

Regards,

nathan w