[PLUG] m4_pattern_allow() ... where should it go?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at cyber-office.net
Mon Jun 21 22:39:22 UTC 2010

CentOS 5.5, cacti-spine package

I'm trying to rebuild a RPM.  I'm rebuilding it so use the
current/most-recent libraries to get the !@#$% annoying error messages
from going into the logs.  The package (and source RPM) comes from DAG's
collection.

I keep getting this message while using rpmbuild:

+ autoreconf --force --install --symlink

configure.ac:69: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL

       See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

No matter where I put the 'm4_pattern_allow(AC_PROG_LIBTOOL)' line
(configure.ac, aclocal.m4, etc.) it never _takes_.  It is always missing
when I go back to it after another failure.

Any RPM or m4 gurus out there that can offer a hand or clue stick?

I feel I'm at "Wits End" ... lost in Colossal Cave in a passage of
twisty-turning passages.

TIA,
Rod