[PLUG] Linux Notebook recommendations

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 03:17:01 UTC 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 17:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> dijo:

>On Mon, 21 Jun 2010, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> ... holds only 4 GB of RAM, though.

>"Only 4G RAM???" You obviously never worked on a PC-1, an HP-125, or any
>microcomputer that had a whopping 64K of RAM. How perceptions change
>when folks come late to a technology.

Actually, my first computer had 64K of RAM. The salesperson who sold me
my second computer assured me that it was the last computer I would
ever have to buy - because in the entire remainder of my lifetime I
would never be able to fill its massive 5 MB hard disk.

I come late to Linux, but not to computers. And I am even later at
computer science, since I still know little of it. We learn what is
important to us to learn. What is important varies from person to
person.