[PLUG] Upgrading Ubuntu from 9.10 to 10.04

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 22:05:32 UTC 2010

The upgrade from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04 finished, I was presented with the
login screen, login proceeded into the boot-up music, but cut off just
after the cymbal crash, and looped back to the login screen. However,
this time when I press <ctrl><alt><F1> (or <F2>, etc), all I get is a
blank screen. Pressing <ctrl><alt><F8> returns me to the login screen.

Is there anyway to get around this?

Can I somehow login before X starts?

I could boot from the CD, but is there anything I could change on the
hard drive that would help?

Thanks.

--
Regards,