[PLUG] Upgrading Ubuntu from 9.10 to 10.04

Aaron ke7ezt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 22:09:40 UTC 2010

This thread might help:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1463294&highlight=change+grub+video+mode

<http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1463294&highlight=change+grub+video+mode>Someone
stated:

"*I worked around the problem as follows:*

   - At install screen press F6 and select nomodeset and install Ubuntu as
   usual.
   - On first boot after install, press e on getting the GRUB bootloader.
   - Using arrow keys navigate to and delete *quiet* and *splash* and type
   the word *nomodeset* in their place
   - Press *Ctrl* and *X* to boot
   - You should now be able to login to your Ubuntu as usual"

Maybe this will point you in the right direction. Seems to be a common
problem..