[PLUG] MSQL Cross-Table Query

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Mar 2 20:17:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010, D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:

> No way did I give up on you guys! I'll post a solution once I've struck
> it. I'm seeing a lot of good feedback here--in fact I'm getting so much
> that I have much to go through, keep it up!

Coop,

   Rick van der Lans' book, "Introduction to SQL, 4th Edition," is great for
learning how to write the type of complex SELECT statement you need. Very
highly recommended. It is also the only really good source of information on
time-based queries which is also what you're addressing. Joe Celko
recommended Rick's book to me, and I proof-read Rick's SQLite-specific book.