[PLUG] Selecting a Distribution (was: Solved: <Soon> New Computer)

David Kaplan davek52 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 00:31:22 UTC 2010

If you want a very fast easy to configure distro, try mepis antiX 8.5. It's
Debian based with Fluxbox and IceWM window managers. It ran great on a 11 yr
old Dell w/ P 933mhz cpu and 128 RAM. One of the best with old machines and
its srcreams on a now PC.

Also my favorite distros to get new people (or anybody else) to use Linux,
is Mint and Mandriva.

http://distrowatch.com/