[PLUG] Scanning

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 10 01:50:03 UTC 2010

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Note that SANE wants to save scans in a format that eats up a lot of disk
> space.  If you can, tell it to save as TIFF or something.

   With the Xsane front end you can elect to save (.png, .jpg, .tif at least)
or, for documents, as .pdf. The latter allows you to save multiple page
documents in a single file. I have used the latter extensively, especially
when I'm sent a paper RFP and need to provide copies to my collaborating
partners. Did a 97 page pdf one day. Borring!